About Switch Business
Switch Business Limited was started by David Newport and Paul Devcich as a partnership of two experienced "Business Sales People" who wished to bring a fresh perspective to the New Zealand market place.
Unfortunately, Paul had to retire from the business due to his battle with cancer in early 2012 and sadly passed away mid-2013. David is continuing to build on the reputation the partnership has built over the years, and is considered a well-respected business broker in the NZ market. David now has the help of marketing and communications manager Nicollette Newport.
Switch Business’s market position is intended to be a magenta beacon of consistency, in a fragmented and tarnished business sales arena. Licensed by the REAA 2008 and governed by its rules, we operate to the highest standards to achieve win-win transactions.
Please feel free to contact us at any stage, we'd be more than happy to catch up over a coffee. If you are concerned about confidentiality we are happy to complete a confidentiality agreement in your favour as mentioned in the tab marked Confidentiality.
David has been a business broker operating in Auckland since the late 1990's. Initially in franchise sales before the natural progression to larger businesses. A city dweller. Born in Auckland in 1964. 2 adult children. Interested in Golf and Photography.
- 25 years in sales, sales management and sales consultancy.
- Market Research
- Air Conditioning
- Freight Forwarding, Seafreight and Airfreight
- Private Sales
- Bartercard (National Sales Manager)
- Surplus Product Sales
- Sold franchises for approximately 7 years primarily for home services companies. Cutting my teeth on under $50,000 sales. Throughout this time I learnt that controlling the entire process was essential to complete the transaction.
- Hire a Hubby (Was also Franchise Support Manager for 2 years)
- Mobile Mums
- Installer Services
- Grey Power
- Hell Franchising
Tabak Business Sales
- With Jim Tabak was a founding broker of the Tabak Auckland office. Sold general businesses in value range of $500k-$13m over 5 years.
Businesses categories sold include:
- Import & Distribution (Commercial Fragrances)
- Import & Distribution (Electronic and Electrical Business/Homewares)
- Import & Distribution (Giftwares)
- Import & Distribution (Manchester)
- Import & Distribution (Plastics)
- Import & Distribution (Rag Trade)
- Fashion Retail & Recycled Fashion Retail
- Financial Services
- Manufacturing (Made up Retail Machinery)
- Manufacturing (Paints)
- Manufacturing (Plastics)
- Transport (Removals)
- Spaziocasa Franchises (Bathroom & Tiles)
- Hell Franchises
- Spa and Beauty Treatment
- Underfloor Heating
- Outdoor Paving stones
- Kitchen Manufacture
- Accident & Emergency Clinic
- Skills Training
- PTE (Private Training Establishment)